Issac ” the grenade ” Ekpo has dropped a devastating bomb following his loss to Tyron Zeuge in their WBA World super middleweight title fight last month, alleging his opponent’s camp rigged the outcome.
In his first media statement since the March 25 fight at the MBS Arena in Potsdam, Germany, Ekpo told brila.net no antic was spared by the hosts to frustrate his camp including denying his trainer an entry visa.
A distraught Ekpo explained that he was enraged on fight night after the Referee halted the bout in round 5 and the announcer declared Zeuge, 24, would retain his belt.
Zeuge bled profusely after he suffered a cut from a head-butt earlier in round 3 of the proposed 12-round fight, but, Ekpo denies making head contact.
Rather, he claims video replay showed the cut was from his haymaker during the slugfest.
‘ Zeuge even came to me to apologize before the announcement. He said sorry about the result; like he knew he was going to be awarded the fight,’ the former WBO (Africa) Super-middleweight champion told brila.net
He said he was so vexed, he wanted to sucker punch the German, but quickly exercised restraints.
A re-match was agreed between the camps and an announcement is expected to be made on April 30.
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.