Former Super Eagles Coach, Sunday Oliseh has described his experience as Manager of Dutch Clubside, Fortuna Sittard as ‘God’s sent Blessing’.
The outspoken Football tactician, Oliseh in a statement released via his social media handle on Tuesday afternoon recounts his Sittard experience.
In his caption, the former Super Eagles Captain appreciated the fans, the players and all the people of Sittard for their Support while he was in charge.
Who would have thought this possible 15 months ago,the fortuna Sittard adventure has really been a God sent blessing,thanks to the players, fans & people of Sittard for their support.https://t.co/M15uriBq5w pic.twitter.com/vaisKSXJS1
— Sunday Oliseh (@SundayOOliseh) March 6, 2018
The Statement Below:
What started as a mission to save a club near extinction, has grown into a club that can now dream of the 1st division football.
In almost one and half years in charge of Fortuna Sittard, this is what God has blessed Us with figures.
God is really great and works in mysterious ways. Thanks to my players and the lovely fans and people of Sittard for their love and support.
- Voted best Coach of the Dutch Jupiler League
- Saved the team from relegation to the 3rd Division in a phenomenal way even though 9 points were deducted from the club on financial irregularities by the Dutch Football Federation.
- In 14 months in charge, took the team from 19th position to 1st position
- We won the Club’s first trophy/title in 23 years on the 12th of January 2018 (the Lucrative Period’s Title)
- Qualified team for season-ending playoffs into the Ere Divisie (First Division)
- Helped produce a player, sold for I believe, over 2.5 million Euros to Ajax Amsterdam in Perr Schuurs.
- Team’s performance helped raise the spectators to the Fortuna stadium from around 950 spectators to 8,000 spectators with its huge financial benefits to the club
- Record-breaking first coach to ever win 8 consecutive “home” games in Fortuna Sittard
- Record-breaking first coach ever in the club’s history to win 7 consecutive games (21 points from 21)
- Adjudged as the Fortuna coach with best average points per game since 1980 (38 years)
Source – Twitter via @SundayOOliseh, & sundayoliseh.tv
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.