Here are five important Super Eagles players to watch for in the World Cup qualifier between Nigeria and Zambia on Saturday.
1) John Obi Mikel: The 30-year-old would be duly expected to put up an astute performance once again in the center of the pack for the Super Eagles, just as he did in the Cameroon games.
What he lacks in pace and power, he more than makes up for with his shrewd judgment on the ball, precision, and accurate distribution which are his very distinct attributes.
It is tantamount to tomfoolery to think any of his teammates can really match these.
2) Odion Ighalo: Quick, powerful and packing a poacher’s howitzer of a shot, Ighalo is unarguably the perfect striker for the current Super Eagles set-up.
3) Victor Moses: Nigeria’s dangerman. At the moment, the 26-year-old might not just be indispensable but equally the man-to-go-to when in need of results.
4) Leon Balogun: Balogun is swiftly exemplifying the complete epitome of a libero in the Super Eagles rear-guard.
5) Alex Iwobi: The poster boy of the new generation of Super Eagles attackers has gradually taken some time to get going, no thanks to injuries at club level but suffice to say he is no doubt a very much talented player, unplayable on his day.