World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua has been ranked the second-richest sportsperson in the United Kingdom.
In the ranking done by The Sunday Times, Gareth Bale was rated the richest young sports star.
Apart from Joshua, others on the young sports stars Rich List are footballers who are aged 30 or below. Among them are Bale, Paul Pogba, Kevin de Bruyne, David de Gea, Raheem Sterling, and N’Golo Kante.
Joshua reportedly earned an estimated £78 million from his two fights with Andy Ruiz Jr last year, taking his net worth to £107 million.
It will be recalled that Joshua reclaimed his titles from Andy Ruiz Jr, a Mexican boxer, six months after the Nigerian-born-boxer lost the titles.
The British boxer was born to a Nigerian-Irish father, Robert Joshua, and a Nigerian mother, Yeta Odusanya.
Joshua’s father (Robert) is the grandson of one of Sagamu’s greatest men and late patriarch Omo-Oba Daniel Adebambo Joshua, who was born in 1882.
Top 10 richest young sports stars aged 30 or under (2020 wealth figures in pounds)
- Gareth Bale (football) 114 million
- Anthony Joshua (boxing) 107 million
- Paul Pogba (football) 50 million
- Kevin de Bruyne (football) 34 million
- David de Gea (football) 34 million
- Raheem Sterling (football) 28 million
- N’Golo Kante (football) 25 million
- Harry Kane (football) 24 million
- Daniel Sturridge (football) 22 million
- Jordan Henderson (football) 21 million
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.