Antonio Conte ‘s Chelsea will be looking to close in on the top three with a win when they take on Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on Sunday afternoon.
Ahead of the game, Antonio Conte has been speaking to the media at his pre-match press conference this afternoon and he’s provided a team news and injury update.
The Blues boss gave an encouraging update on the fitness of N’Golo Kante after saying the French international midfielder is ‘progressing well’ in his recovery from a hamstring injury.
Kante has missed the last six games in all competitions after picking up the injury while on international duty but Conte says he’ll make a late decision on his involvement against United.
The Chelsea manager had a less positive update on Victor Moses as the winger has once again been ruled out of action against United this weekend as he continues to nurse a hamstring injury.
Moses has missed Chelsea’s last five games after sustaining the hamstring issue during the defeat to Crystal Palace last month and it looks like the Nigerian star will be targetting a return to action after the international break.
Conte said on Friday there was no chance of the player returning to the squad against Manchester United this weekend – and indicated that it will be some time before Moses is available again.
“Moses’ injury was a bad injury – a bad muscular injury,” Conte said.
“We have to wait and to have patience. He needs more time to recover.”
However, Conte is hopeful that N’Golo Kante will be able to return from a hamstring problem to face United.
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.