Former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia on Saturday appealed for calm over news of his life ban from the game by world football governing body FIFA on Friday.
Brila.net had earlier report that Siasia was banned for life from all football related activities following a match-fixing probe by the World football governing body.
FIFA said in a statement on Friday that the adjudicatory chamber of their independent Ethics Committee found the Siasia guilty.
He was “guilty of having accepted that he will receive bribes in relation to manipulation of matches in violation of FIFA Code of Ethics.”
Siasia, who spoke to newsmen in Abuja through his representative, Prince Opukiri Jones-Ere at the main bowl of the Moshood Abiola National Stadium, said the matter was currently being looked into by his legal team, as they plan to appeal the verdict.
“We want to please plead with everyone to be calm as the issue has been handed over to a lawyer and he is looking at the case.” Prince Opukiri Jones-Ere said.
“So, at this moment, Siasia will be unavailable to speak to the press.
“I want to also appeal to you all to be patient with us, considering the fact that he is already going through so much stress with regards to his mother’s kidnap which we are dealing with at the moment.
“We appreciate you all for your concerns and solidarity messages which have been received from the onset of this situation.
“So, my kind appeal is that you all give us some time for the lawyer to look into the case and as soon as possible, hopefully by next week, we will come up with our position and further action to be taken on the issue.
“On behalf of the family of Siasia, we want to once again thank you for your concerns and we pray that this will end well,” he said.
Apart from the ban, Siasia was also fined CHF 50,000 (41,997.1 pounds).
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.