Brazil team officials confirmed that Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus did not sustain a serious injury after undergoing precautionary tests at a Melbourne hospital.
Jesus was taken off the field by stretcher late in Friday night’s 1-0 friendly loss to Argentina after being hit by an errant elbow during an aerial challenge with club team-mate Nicolas Otamendi.
Coach Tite had been concerned the 20-year-old had sustained a facial injury that might keep him out of Tuesday’s friendly with Australia, also in Melbourne.
But Brazil’s team coordinator and former Arsenal midfielder Edu Gaspar said that Jesus had been given the all-clear.
‘Jesus is fine,’ Edu announced. ‘I spoke to the doctor, he said he is OK. He already did the exam to see if it (his jaw) is broken or not but nothing has happened.’
Edu clarified coach Tite’s comments that the player had very briefly fallen unconscious, saying he had just felt very dizzy from the blow.
Culled from Mail
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.