Gutted! Benzema expresses sadness after injury ends his World Cup dream

Gutted! Benzema expresses sadness after injury ends his World Cup dream

French striker Karim Benzema is gutted to have pulled out of the FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

Benzema was ruled out of the tournament due to injury, and French coach Didier Deschamps is expected to announce a replacement.

The Real Madrid forward had attempted to return to full group training on Saturday evening after playing less than 30 minutes during the last month due to a separate muscular injury but broke down while running.

He spent the first three days in Qatar training with Manchester United defender Raphael Varane who is also recovering from injury.

The Ballon D’or winner had only joined up with group training for the first time on Saturday evening, but Benzema broke down once the session went behind closed doors.

Scans later revealed damage to the left quadricep and the French Football Federation confirmed he will play no part in Qatar.

Benzema is the latest star to pulled out of the France squad after N’golo Kante, Paul Pogba and Christopher Nkunku.

“I am extremely sad for Karim who made this World Cup a major goal,” Deschamps said.

“Despite this new setback, I have full confidence in my group. We will do everything to meet the immense challenge that awaits us.”

The Striker said, he is disappointed to leave his national team spot for someone else and wished the squad all the best.

“In my life I have never given up, but tonight I have to think of the team as I have always done so reason tells me to leave my place to someone who can help our group to make a great world cup. Thank you for all your messages of support,” Benzema posted on his social media handle.

If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
Comodo SSL SiteLock
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
error: Content is protected !!