AS Roma striker Francesco Totti will retire from playing at the end of the season, with the news coming from a press conference with the club’s new director of football Monchi.
Monchi says an agreement is in place for the 40-year-old, who has scored 250 goals in more than 600 appearances for the capital club, to take on a new non-playing role.
“In terms of Totti, I already knew that there was an agreement with the club that this would be his final year as a player, then he’d start as a director,” he said.
#Monchi: “I want #Totti to explain to me what #ASRoma are about. If I’m able to understand 1% of what he does, I’ll be pleased.”
— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) May 3, 2017
“Francesco is Roma, I want to be as close to him as possible. I’d love to learn even one per cent of the huge amount that he knows,” Monchi said.
Totti is out of contract in the summer and Monchi, who arrived in the Italian capital last month and is the man responsible for agreeing the players’ contracts, told a news conference on Wednesday that there is no room on the club’s squad next season for the veteran forward.
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2023 Brila Media.