Moses set for Chelsea return after injury layoff

Moses set for Chelsea return after injury layoff

Victor Moses will be on the Chelsea bench at Liverpool on Saturday after more than a month out with a hamstring injury, head coach Antonio Conte has said.

Moses has not featured since limping out of last month’s shock defeat at Crystal Palace after 39 minutes, with Davide Zappacosta and Cesar Azpilicueta taking turns to fill in at right wing-back in his absence.

But after revealing earlier this week that he hoped Moses would be available against Liverpool, Conte told a news conference: “His condition is good.


“He needs a bit of time to recover the best form, but tomorrow he is in our squad. I want to bring him on the bench and then to decide if there is the necessity to put him in [the team] or not.

“I am very happy because now he is fine, but he needs a bit of time to find the best physical condition.”

After beating Qarabag in the Champions League in midweek, Chelsea arrived back at Cobham from Azerbaijan at 5 a.m. on Thursday, with their plane requiring two attempts to land at Gatwick as a result of difficult conditions.

“There was a lot of wind and we tried to land the first time, but it wasn’t possible for this reason,” Conte said.

“Then the captain tried again and the second time was positive. In these circumstances, you feel a bit afraid, a bit scared, but the captain was very good.”

Conte, however, said Chelsea would not allow jetlag or fatigue to affect their performance at Anfield.

“They must be ready to play a big game against Liverpool,” he said. I don’t like to find an alibi or excuse, and it is the same for my players.

“For sure it won’t be easy because we are facing a really good team, a strong team, especially at home. The fans push a lot but we have to try and do our best.”

If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
Comodo SSL SiteLock