Official – Siasia Tells CAS To stop FIFA Ban Decision

Official – Siasia Tells CAS To stop FIFA Ban Decision

Former Super Eagles Coach Samson Siasia has confirmed to brila.net that he has lodged an appeal against the life ban imposed on him by world football governing body, FIFA.

Siasia was banned for life from the game, by FIFA back in August after finding him guilty of a match fixing allegations.

 


On Aug. 16, FIFA said in a statement that the adjudicatory chamber of its independent ethics committee found the 51-year-old Siasia guilty.

 

He was “guilty of having accepted that he will receive bribes in relation to manipulation of matches in violation of FIFA Code of Ethics.”

 

FIFA added that Siasia was banned for life “from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international levels and also  fined CHF 50,000 (41,997.1 pounds).

 

However Siasia’s representative Opukiri Jones-Ere, however confirmed that attempt to overturn the decision has begun, he also disclosed that an appeal against the ban to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has been submitted.

 

“Siasia has submitted his statement of appeal to CAS in Switzerland, asking the court to stop FIFA’s decision until his appeal is heard.

 

“He has galvanised all resources and the deserved courage to clear his name and unchain himself from the FIFA ban which hit him unexpectedly last month.

 

“He has also vowed to go to the end of his life to show that he is innocent,” Jones-Ere said.

If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
Comodo SSL SiteLock