The Chairman & CEO of Brila Media, Dr. Larry Izamoje has chimed in on the Unified Heavyweight title bout between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk, which is set to happen on March 29.
Dr. Izamoje explained why Fury holds all the chips in the fight, including the fight’s purse, which is set with the Briton claiming 70% while Usyk claims the remaining 30%.
“Fury is dictating because Fury is Fury, given how the heavyweight class is now, He’s the real man standing, I use the word “real” because He is a natural heavy, I use the word “real” because Fury beat (Deontaye) Wilder as you know, I use the word “real” because Usyk was a middleweight who moved on to become a cruiser and now in the heavyweight class.
“He holds the most prestigious of the belts, one belt against the others held by Usyk. He’s the man dictating because he is the more popular of the two fighters and because he owns the more prestigious belt, and you see in boxing when you talk about belts, the WBC belt is very special and you don’t mix it in the same bag with the other belts.”
On what to expect from the bout; analysing the technique and tricks, the Boxing Oficianado said, “In terms of natural endowments, it is a plus already for Fury even before the ring walk. This is so because Fury is standing 6ft 9in and Usyk stand 6ft 3in, so you have 6 inches advantage in terms of height.”
“And again when it comes to reach, You find that Usyk is 78 inches and Tyson Fury, is 85 inches. So, you have 7 inches advantage in favour of Fury, and what does that do when you look at natural disposition, it means that Fury stretching his hands will now make Usyk struggle to get him.
“Usyk has to cut off 7 inches to get to Fury, and so if Tyson Fury stretches his hands fully and be at the end of his jab, it becomes a problem to Usyk to even get to hit him, because, with his shorter hand, he would not get to Fury’s body.”
“What Usyk would then find himself doing is dancing himself out of angles to form new traps, and in the process, he will open himself to more trouble, and that is why the man is calling him a “big middleweight” because Tyson Fury will come in heavier, even though we’ve heard Usyk say he too will work to come in heavier than he has ever done in any fight.”
“Yes, the date is quite close, but Fury does not seem ready and he might just announce that he suffered an injury in camp and is not ready for that day, and then there will be a shift. That is the way I see this going. In one-on-one fight, jurists are saying Fury looks better, Fury will beat Usyk they are beginning to say, but, Usyk is another ring general; a man who is always fighting on his toes, and knows what to do.
“But again with the jab always pushing him, anytime he wants to offload, he uses his jab to push him, and you find that he is trying to unload, if Usyk finds it difficult to cut off the seven inches advantage, he will find it difficult having to fight up close.”
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2023 Brila Media.