As the January transfer window remains open with a lot of transfer deals are going on in Europe, we take a look at some January transfers made by 7 Super Eagles of Nigeria Players in the recent past.
1.Odion Ighalo (Watford to Changchun Yatai)The Super Eagles powerhouse, Ighalo ended his nine-year relationship with European Football, quitting Watford for Chinese outfit Changchun Yatai three years after moving to England from the Italian side.
2. Mikel John Obi (Chelsea to Tianjin TEDA)
Super Eagles Influential Captain, Mikel John Obi joined the legion of top footballers moving to the Chinese Super League, ending his trophy-laden nine-year spell at the Stamford Bridge.
3. Chinedu Obasi( AIK to Shenzhen)Former U-20 Silver medalist, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi revived his football career in Sweden last season scoring six goals in ten games to earn a lucrative deal at Chinese second division side Shenzhen.
4. Wilfred Ndidi (KRC Genk to Leicester City)One of Nigeria’s fast-rising stars and one of the most important players at the King’s Power Stadium, Wilfred Ndidi made a giant leap from Belgian side KRC Genk after two seasons to English Premier League champions Leicester City replacing French workaholic Midfielder, N’golo Kante.
5. Aaron Samuel (Guangzhou R&F to CSKA Moscow)Nigeria striker, Aaron Samuel, signed a four and a half year contract with Russian champions CSKA Moscow.
6. Nosa Igiebor (Maccabi Tel Aviv to Caykur Rizespor)Nosa Igiebor joined Godfrey Oboabona and Bright Edomwonyi at Caykur Rizespor before the expiration of his current deal with Maccabi Tel Aviv.
7. Elderson Echiejile (Monaco to Sporting Gijon)Elderson Uwa Echiejile joined his fifth European club when he joined Sporting Gijon in the 2017 January transfer window after his loan deal with Standard Liege was cut short by his parent club Monaco.
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.