Action returns for another week of football which included the FA Cup Semifinals that was topped off by thrilling actions from Ighalo, Musa and others.
The Biggest news from the past week came when Longest serving Arsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger announces his decision to step down from the role at the end of the season.
Here, brila.net takes a look at the top five things that we loved most from the weekend.
(1) Mohammed Salah – PFA Player of the yearEgyptian Forward, Mohammed Salah has beaten Manchester City’s influential midfielder, Kevin De Bruyne to the seasons’ PFA Player of the year award.
The Liverpool attacker was selected over the Manchester City midfielder and four other shortlisted candidates – David De Gea, Harry Kane, David Silva and Leroy Sane.
(2) Odion Jude Ighalo – Bags Four goals in China
Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo went goal gaga on Saturday in Changchun Yatai’s 5-2 away win at Guizhou Zhicheng in the Chinese Super League.
The Nigeria international banged in four goals including a well-executed penalty and a delightful chip.
(3) Arsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger to step downArsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger has disclosed he will step down from his position at Arsenal by the end of the season.
Arsenal made the surprise announcement on Friday morning and after Wenger had informed the squad of his decision during training ahead of their home match against West Ham on Sunday.
(4) Ahmed Musa hits a brace in RussiaSuper Eagles forward, Ahmed Musa was on the scoresheet as his two goals helped CSKA Moscow fight back to secure an incredible 2-1 win over Krasnodar on Sunday.
The On-loan Leicester City’s striker made some amazing runs within 12 minutes to bag his brace that helped the capital city outfit overturn a goal deficit in Sunday’s encounter.
(5) Victor Moses’ Chelsea progress to FA Cup Finals
Victor Moses did not score in Chelsea’s 2-0 FA Cup semi-final win over Southampton on Sunday, but the wing-back wasn’t quite neither as he reaches the final for the second season running.
Moses played all 90 minutes contributing immensely to defence and carrying some attacking threat in transition.
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.