The wife of Mexican boxer Julio César Chávez Jr claims her husband was robbed of his $40,000 watch by scantily clad women he met in Las Vegas after losing his fight against Canelo Alvarez.
Footage of a ‘drunk’ Chávez lying on a bed with three women surrounding him emerged on Thursday afternoon, just days after he was pummeled by Alvarez in their catchweight bout at the T-Mobile Arena on May 6.
Summary of the Canelo vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr fight pic.twitter.com/tpzrU7hDV4
— She Wants Da Chorizo (@ShiWantsTheC) May 7, 2017
The video was recorded on May 8 in the boxer’s MGM Grand suite. His wife, Frida, told ESPN that the couple met a British man and some women at the hotel bar.
Frida claims those same people robbed Chávez of his phone, a $40,000 Hublot watch, and his $3 million check from the Alvarez fight after a night of partying.
She told ESPN that once her husband went through several drinks, he was the object of a trap, in which he was robbed of his belongings, including his cell phone.
Frida said she wasn’t at the hotel room party because she had to look after their their daughter, Julia.
The only reason the family stayed in Vegas after her husband’s fight was because Frida wanted to go to the ‘Celine Dion concert on Tuesday’.
When Frida returned to the room the next morning, she noticed the items were missing.
A source close to Chavez’s team told ESPN that the $3 million check was later found at the MGM Grand.
The check was reportedly still in the suite where they stayed. Investigations are still underway for his Hublot watch.
The 31-year-old Chavez, son of iconic Mexican boxer Julio Cesar Chavez Sr, was trying to revitalize a career derailed by positive drug tests, weight issues and lax training.
But he proved no match against Alvarez in last week’s match-up.
By Mail Sport
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.