Following the chaos from last week’s 3-3 draw between Gombe united and Enugu Rangers, the club has come out to sanction its officials and fans who incited violence at the match venue.
Gombe United club has come out with a press release stating its sanctions; it reads as follows.
Following the culmination of tension in the aftermath of the NPFL match in Gombe between our Rangers and Rangers International, we have received a letter of sanction from LMC. We have formally acknowledged reception of the letter and have accepted the sanctions. However, we have pleaded with LMC to reduce the monetary fine imposed on the club.
We have taken a number of punitive actions in lieu of the stipulations spelled in LMC’s letter, and with a view to preventing further interruptions in the stadium during our home games:
1. The club has suspended Alhaji Kwairanga, the club’s Assistant Team Manager, for one month, from participating in all the club’s activities, for inciting fans at the stadium.
2. Isa Gambo, an official of the Supporters Club, is also suspended for one month, for the same fault as in (1) above.
3. Another fan, Durwa, who assaulted Fabiyi Emmanuel,;is currently in detention and will be prosecuted, he is banned from the stadium indefinitely.
4. At the end of the match, and following the unfortunate assault on Fabiyi Emmanuel, he was taken by the club management to hospital for treatment, but he later disappeared without trace and without notifying the club.
5. Based on allegations of match fixing by Fabiyi Emmanuel, a special committee of Investigations,;comprising of members of the management board, police and SSS, is set up to investigate the allegations.
If you use the quotes from this content, you legally agree to give www.brila.net the News credit as the source and a backlink to our story. Copyright 2020 Brila Media.